We‘re committed to protecting your privacy. This policy tells you about how we use and protect your personal data.
MSP Gather Limited (“Gather”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy. References in this Notice to the “Website” are to the website located at gathercapture.com.
This Notice sets out the basis on which any personal information or personal data (any information about you which is personally identifiable) that we collect from you or that you provide to us, will be processed. Please read the following information carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information.
Where you subscribe to any services provided by Gather, any personal data that is inputted into our portal and apps will be handled in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Business.
Amendments and updates to this Privacy Notice may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page, so you will always be aware of what information we collect and how we use that information. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
Our services are intended to be used by organisations. If you are using our services on behalf of an organisation, you should be aware that the organisation may control and administer your use of our services and access and process your information including the contents of your communications and information that you upload into our portal and apps. Please direct any queries that you have regarding your organisation’s control of and access to your information, to your organisation.
1. Who we are
For the purpose of data protection laws, the data controller is MSP Gather Limited, company number 04592616 whose registered address is at 12-14 Church Street, Brighton BN1 1US.
Gather is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (Z8248550)
2. What personal information do we hold and use?
Gather may collect and use the following personal information about you:
Information you provide
We will collect information relating to you that you provide when you:
- fill in a contact form on our Website;
subscribe to any of our services;
- register for a free trial;
login to our portal and/or any of our apps;
respond to a survey;
request to download guides or other resources on our Website;
- engage with us via our social media channels; and/or
opt-in to receive marketing communications from us.
This information includes personal information, such as your full name, email address and telephone number, job title, department, preferences and our communications with you.
We may also collect information relating to your organisation, such as your company name, company annual revenues and the type of industry you operate within, as well as billing and payment details, financial transaction details, credit information and history.
Information we collect about you
For each of your visits to our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. How we use your information
Data protection laws require us to have a lawful basis for any processing of personal data. The bases that we rely on are as follows:
- Necessary for the performance of a contract we have entered into or are entering into with you and/or your organisation;
- Necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party, provided that your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
We may use your information in the provision and administration of the services/materials that you and/or your organisation have requested and/or to respond to your queries. Where you don’t provide us with certain information we will be unable to provide you with the services and/or materials requested.
We may also use your information to meet our legal obligations, to deal with any complaints and for the enforcement of our terms and conditions.
We may use your information for our legitimate business interests which include security purposes, improvements to our Website, improvements to our solutions and services and for general marketing purposes. We will not do so though where our interests are outweighed by your interests, rights and freedoms.
4. Where we store your information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Information you provide to Gather is stored on our secure servers operated by third parties. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties hosting our Website and our other services have adequate security measures in place to protect personal data.
Where you sign up to our services, some of these are provided by Gather’s authorised partners.
Where we have given you (or you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access our solutions or apps, you are responsible for keeping these confidential and you must not disclose them to any third party.
5. Disclosure of your information
We will not sell your information and generally do not give your information to third parties but there are some exceptions. We may share your information in the following ways (as appropriate):
- in order to provide any services requested by you which may involve us sharing your information with our authorised partners/sub-processors;
- with any actual or prospective seller or buyer of our business and/or any assets. Information held by us about our customers and any users will be one of the transferred assets;
- with our group companies, which means our subsidiaries and holding companies;
- in order to comply with any legal obligation or as otherwise permitted by law;
- for debt collection purposes;
- for security purposes or to protect our rights or those of a third party;
- in the conduct or defence of legal claims or in order to enforce our terms and conditions; and
- for the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies and/or other agencies.
6. Marketing communications
When you submit a contact form we will send you marketing communications that we feel may be of interest to you via email. We will also send you marketing communications where you consent to receive these.
You can opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time. To stop receiving Gather’s marketing communications, please unsubscribe from the email or let us know by emailing email@example.com
7. Your rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your information. You have the right to:
- request information regarding the personal data that we hold about you and the source(s) of that information. You can request a copy of any personal data we hold about you. This service is usually free of charge, although we have the right to charge a ‘reasonable fee’ in some circumstances;
- request that we rectify any inaccuracies in relation to the personal data we hold;
- in some circumstances, request the erasure of your personal data or object to the processing of your data;
- object to any direct marketing;
- in some circumstances, request that your personal data be transferred to you or a new provider if the data is processed automatically;
- withdraw consent to us processing your personal data. This will not affect the processing already carried out with your consent; and
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office;
Any enquiries regarding the above rights or if you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to MSP Gather Limited, 12-14 Church Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1US.
8. How long do we hold your information?
We will hold onto your information only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was provided to us or collected (eg. for as long as is necessary to provide any services requested by you or to respond to your queries). Where processing is based on your consent, we shall only process it until such time as you withdraw your consent.
In certain circumstances we may hold anonymised data such a details regarding your visit e.g. activity logs and location data for a longer period but will ensure it is kept secure and confidential.
Please let us know if any of your contact details change so that we can ensure we only hold accurate and up to date information.
Some pages of our Website include external links to third party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for these websites or the use of your information by third parties. You should check the privacy notices on any third party websites to ensure that you are satisfied regarding their privacy practices, prior to sharing any personal information.
11. Telephone recording
We use a VOIP telephone system that is capable of recording telephone calls. We may record both inbound and outbound call for the purposes of quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes. We will retain the recordings for a period not exceeding 12 months. The recordings will only be used for the purposes specified in this Privacy Notice.
We shall ensure that the recording of telephone calls is done in accordance with all applicable laws.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Notice are welcomed and should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to MSP Gather Limited, 12-14 Church Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1US.